Aller au contenu
  • Pas encore inscrit ?

Pourquoi ne pas vous inscrire ? C'est simple, rapide et gratuit.
    Pour en savoir plus, lisez Les avantages de l'inscription... et la Charte de Zébulon.
    De plus, les messages que vous postez en tant qu'invité restent invisibles tant qu'un modérateur ne les a pas validés. Inscrivez-vous, ce sera un gain de temps pour tout le monde, vous, les helpeurs et les modérateurs ! :wink:

Crawler ToolBar, add-on de SpywareTerminator

Tokar

Messages recommandés

Bonjour Bleuet, j'avais déjà fait une désinstallation de firefox qui ne m'a rien changé. Que veux_tu dire par "désinstaller totalement"? Je peux quand même re-essayer.

Re...

Totalement supprimer Firefox. Nettoyer avec CCleaner, RegSeeker..

Le recharger ensuite sur le net avec ses mises à jours.

Dans les extensions de Firefox, tu as FEBE qui te permet de sauvegarder tes profils. Par outils -->modules complémentaires.

A voir si l'on peut vraiment sauver les marques pages avec cette extension. Le tout est de voir si tu souhaites tout retrouver.

Si tu as déjà supprimer Firefox, il y a une clé bien cachée de Crawler ! :P

Piste similaire de ce que propose Falkra en donnant ce lien de Sacles.

J'ai suivi ce sujet. J'avais chargé ce S.T. Jamais vu cette toolbar "Crawler". Mais comme ça dépendrait du lien de chargement. :P

Avec tout ce foin fait autour de ce log. ---->principe de précaution ---> Pas touche. :P

OUlala !!! :P je vais pas me faire des amis ! :P

Enfin, ça y est. Bleuet m'a donné l'idée en parlant de "désinstaller totalement". J'ai donc supprimer mon profile.

A présent, je n'ai plus trace de ce "crawler". Il me reste donc à réinstaller mes modules. J'espère aussi pouvoir récupérer mon scrapbook. Hummm!!!

Alors c'est en fait firefox qui conserve dans son profil la trace de crawler malgré que l'on fasse une désinstallation de la barre de crawler dans firefox.

Je vais voir de ce pas ce que me dit Falkra à travers son url.

Merci quand même à tous pour toutes vos idées

Bon courage !!!!

Enfin, ça y est. Bleuet m'a donné l'idée en parlant de "désinstaller totalement". J'ai donc supprimer mon profile.

A présent, je n'ai plus trace de ce "crawler". Il me reste donc à réinstaller mes modules. J'espère aussi pouvoir récupérer mon scrapbook. Hummm!!!

Alors c'est en fait firefox qui conserve dans son profil la trace de crawler malgré que l'on fasse une désinstallation de la barre de crawler dans firefox.

Je vais voir de ce pas ce que me dit Falkra à travers son url.

Merci quand même à tous pour toutes vos idées

Bon courage !!!!

RE..Re.....

Vérification faite, l'extension F.E.B.E. de Firefox permet de sauver les marques pages, etc....

http://www.casimages.com/img.php?i=070709112600828599.png

Ce doit être ça !

Tu peux souffler. Débarrassé de cet infâme crawler. :P

Modifié par bleuet

OUI, c'est tout à fait ça. Crawler reste attaché à Firefox même en désinstallant la barre.

J'ai commencé à récupérer mes divers éléments. Pour l'instant tout va bien.

Comment fait-on pour marquer que le problème est résolu? Car je suis trop content de pouvoir enfin inscrire "RESOLU".

OUI, c'est tout à fait ça. Crawler reste attaché à Firefox même en désinstallant la barre.

J'ai commencé à récupérer mes divers éléments. Pour l'instant tout va bien.

Comment fait-on pour marquer que le problème est résolu? Car je suis trop content de pouvoir enfin inscrire "RESOLU".

Re...

Tu fais "EDITER" dans ton post ---> dans le titre, tu inscrustes [RESOLU]

Content pour toi. :P Bonne journée.

Cyrilcvcf: I am not sure what you are referring to. Everything Spyware Terminator installs is uninstalled, 100%. Id say there is a 90-95% chance that after running the uninstall of Spyware Terminator you will have to reboot to complete the uninstall. If you do not reboot the machine, there is no way to confirm a complete uninstall. That also goes for Crawler Toolbar.

Both the uninstallation of Crawler Toolbar and Spyware Terminator appends entries to the key:

HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SYSTEM\CurrentControlSet\Control\Session Manager|PendingFileRenameOperations

All of those entries tell Windows to delete all Crawler Toolbar and Spyware Terminator files. If the files do not exist, no harm is done and the entries are removed. If the files exist the files are removed and entries are removed.

That key is a generic key which most uninstallers use. It is the key which tells Windows what deletion or rename operations are required when Windows starts up after reboot. It is also the key which Inno Setup files check to determine if you can install a software title or if you need to reboot.

For example, if you run Spyware Terminator setup after running a uninstallation and failing to reboot afterwards, the setup will tell you that you have a pending reboot operation. If you delete the Spyware Terminator entries in the key mentioned above, you can trick the setup into avoiding a reboot.

In short, if you reboot after uninstallation, we are sure that no files/registry entries will remain afterwards.

I was just saying that it wasn't normal to install a toolbar with a software that is made for fighting against those "shitty" things ! (However you can choose to install toolbar or not, not enpough explanations for users ! See the problem of one of our "forumer"(?), he can't uninstall the crawler toolbar ! Why ?)

Every program editors want to install a toolbar now, imagine this : one program, one toolbar, what place does it stay on my internet explorer (or Firefox, opera and so on ...) to show the pages ? Without talking about the time to start the explorer ! (and more, all softwares want to start with windows ! Silly !)

I know that is a problem for editors to keep their software free, but I think this is not the good solution !

May be ST would become better in the future but now (for me, and after testing it) I don't think that is as so good as it is told ! Some others software are better !

But, I'm happy to have such a discussion with an editor (or one of his employee), it's rare, thank you for that !

Friendly.

Just an employee :P. I dont fix the bugs, I just find them :P.

Well one major reason why people still regard SpyBot as better than Spyware Terminator is the Immunize feature. Version 2.0 of Spyware Terminator (which I HOPE will be released tomorrow) addresses this.

The remaining reason why people do not think very highly of Spyware Terminator is the database. Unfortunately, we do not have a 10 year history of samples to build upon, like Ad-Aware, or Norton, or whatever...not even a 5 year history like SpySweeper or SpyBot, or the sort. We are at maybe...1.5 years?

Every day we do add new items to our database and we actively look for people who can help up in finding malware samples. So we are dedicated to improving our detection engine and its database, but we probably dont have as many resources as Ad-Aware or SpyBot for example. Both of those programs have a large following of users who are dedicated to supplying samples to them.

Well, toolbars make it easier for search engine companies to make their money. I dont think "easier" is the right term...I think that you lose potential searches if users are forced to type in your search engine in the address bar. It requires one extra step which some people are not willing to do. Instead of having to type google.com in the address bar, you just type in your search term and click Go.

I am not particularly sure what people find "bad" about toolbars. They sit in the browser, providing a quick way to access search engines which people use (it is not like people avoid search engines), while also providing access to some other features which may prove to be useful. Personally I dont find many useful features on toolbars, since I am not a person who needs "one [toolbar] to bind them all" (a la Lord of the Rings...), so I just disable them.

I know the argument can be made: "well users are not informed, and wouldnt know how to disable them." I know that is the case, but those features are not harmful in anyway. I dont see how a link to Google News on Google Toolbar, or a link to Internet Archive on Crawler Toolbar can be harmful.

My parents are not very computer literate (they certainly arent illiterate), neither are my uncles. But one thing that they all can not live without is their toolbar. It is a quick way to access their search engine without having to type it in. Pierre of Assiste.com.free.fr certainly has a complete dislike of toolbars, and that is his opinion. But Everyone I know has a complete liking, and so do most internet users.

Your argument that Spyware Terminator is offering the same service which it removes is a valid one but requires clarification. The thing to be clear about though is that Spyware Terminator removes known malicious toolbars and does not harm known safe toolbars. There is a difference.

Certain things make bad toolbars "bad". They include but are not limited to:

-drive-by, unconsented activeX install

-advertisement display

-bundles advertisement software

-spyware/advertisement downloading

-selling your searches to a 3rd party

-stealing your information

-aggressive software to prevent disabling or uninstallation

-aggressive software to alter Internet Explorer settings and prevent manual changes

-aggressive software to maintain Internet Explorer search pages

-does not include an uninstaller

I am sure there are a lot more things which cause classification of a toolbar as bad, probably more than I know. The key here is that Spyware Terminator removes toolbars which are classified as bad for one of those aforementioned reasons, while not harming those which are deemed safe.

Safe toolbars are Google, Yahoo!, MSN, Windows Live, AOL, Ask.com, Lycos, Crawler toolbar (yes it is safe). None of these toolbars do anything mentioned above. I dont know about any of the other companies and whether they sell their search information, but I know Crawler does not sell that information to anyone.

In a friendly way, how would you feel if instead of bundling Crawler Toolbar (which is our toolbar which we develop) we bundled Google Toolbar which many other software titles do?

(DivX 6 bundles Firefox + Google Toolbar, Sun Java SRE 6 bundles Google Toolbar, Adobe Flash bundles Google Toolbar, FlashGet bundles Google Toolbar.)

For all i know this discussion could be meaningless as in France all toolbars are regarded as bad, I do not know. I just have never seen so many people resistant to toolbars! :P.

Modifié par Tokar

NO ! No toolbar has to be given with the software ! It's an heresy ! What a pity, wanting to install a toolbar, what for ? Let the users decide what they want to !

That was the most reproaches to ST the software does not let the users decide what would do the software in the PC ! How does the program will behave when something happen ! The expert mode is to "cheap". In fact when I try the program I didn't know what it did on my machine.

About Crawler toolbar, one of the problem is to uninstall it, one of our forumers must have to uninstall his explorer (in that case Firefox) to finally remove the toolbar, only because he haven't saw that the toolbar will install with the soft. When he wants to uninstall the toolbar, it wasn't in add/remove program ! Why ?

I regret that I can't clearly tell my point of view because :

- I don't really have the needed vocabulary !

- My computers knowledge are to poor ! Sorry.

Friendly.

NO ! No toolbar has to be given with the software ! It's an heresy ! What a pity, wanting to install a toolbar, what for ? Let the users decide what they want to !

That was the most reproaches to ST the software does not let the users decide what would do the software in the PC ! How does the program will behave when something happen ! The expert mode is to "cheap". In fact when I try the program I didn't know what it did on my machine.

About Crawler toolbar, one of the problem is to uninstall it, one of our forumers must have to uninstall his explorer (in that case Firefox) to finally remove the toolbar, only because he haven't saw that the toolbar will install with the soft. When he wants to uninstall the toolbar, it wasn't in add/remove program ! Why ?

I regret that I can't clearly tell my point of view because :

- I don't really have the needed vocabulary !

- My computers knowledge are to poor ! Sorry.

Friendly.

Salut,

Bien dit cyrilcvcf. 10/10 :P:P

T'as vu le bazar pour gixona pour supprimer la toolBar de Crawler.

Désinstaller le navigateur pour éradiquer la Bar ! C'est pas de l'install forcée ça ? :P:P:P:P

Ouffff !!!!! :P

I understand your cries, but do you avoid Java SRE, Adobe Flash, or DivX because they include optional Google Toolbar installs?

If yes, how do you manage without them?

But the Spyware Terminator installer does let you choose. You can uncheck the install of Web Security Guard + Crawler Toolbar, or you can download the version which does not include Web Security Guard + Crawler Toolbar.

The HIPS settings are an odd thing.

The profile effect only the three checkboxes:

"bloquer automatiquement les menaces sans confirmation de l'utilisateur"

"Autoriser automatiquement les processus enfants des nouveaux programmes autorises"

"Autoriser automatiquement les librairies pour des porcessus autorises"

The settings below "Configuration des Alertes" are manually set ("Etre averti des objets autorises", "Etre averti des objets bloques").

If you check "Etre averti des objets autorises" you will get all of the alerts you are probably looking for. This option is unchecked because this will alert you about safe processes which we have determined to be safe from a Clean Windows PC.

Invité
Ce sujet ne peut plus recevoir de nouvelles réponses.
  • En ligne récemment   0 membre est en ligne

• Aucun utilisateur enregistré regarde cette page.
  • Créer...