Aller au contenu
  • Pas encore inscrit ?

Pourquoi ne pas vous inscrire ? C'est simple, rapide et gratuit.
    Pour en savoir plus, lisez Les avantages de l'inscription... et la Charte de Zébulon.
    De plus, les messages que vous postez en tant qu'invité restent invisibles tant qu'un modérateur ne les a pas validés. Inscrivez-vous, ce sera un gain de temps pour tout le monde, vous, les helpeurs et les modérateurs ! :wink:

Crawler ToolBar, add-on de SpywareTerminator

Tokar

Messages recommandés

"Commercial goals of our society" - are you referring to Crawler? Or the capitalistic US?

Of your society Crawler of course :P , this is the subject of this discussion ! And that's the thing reproach in the assiste.com site !

It's time for me to go sleeping, work tomorrow ! :P

Friendly.

Modifié par cyrilcvcf

The "commercial goals" of Crawler is of course to make money and be a profitable company. There are many expenses which Crawler pays (which I am aware of):

-Employee salaries

-Employee expenses (travel, etc.)

-Subscription to malware-providing services (to receive malware samples to add to our database. e.g. www.spywaresignatures.com)

-Subscription to download sites for listing our software or to expidite update process (download.com, tucows.com, etc.)

Those are the things I am aware of. Crawler does what it feels is necessary to improve the quality of our software and our company name.

I know for a fact that our expenses do not go into "dark", "malicious" deals which Assiste.com.free.fr presumes. All of our business deals comply with certain standards, and are 100% legal and legitimate.

All of our money comes from business deals with legitimate companies (Google, Yahoo, AOL, etc.), sponsored results when you search on Crawler.com (similar to Google sponsored results), and general searching with Crawler.com or installation of our toolbar.

I'm sure there is more complexity to how the money is made, but there are no "bad" deals here. No "malicious software", no trojans, no deals with "dark companies"...nothing of that nature.

There is no need to change our business practices because our practices are legitimate and standard for companies with search engine based revenue models, like Google, Yahoo!, MSN, AOL, Ask.com, etc.

Modifié par Tokar

Of your society Crawler of course :P , this the subject of this discussion ! And that's the thing reproach in the assiste.com site !

It's time for me to go sleeping, work tomorrow ! :P

Friendly.

Re...

Et vlan ! Bien jeté !! :P:P

Bonsoir tout le monde

Hi Tokar, everybody

A quoi sert la crawler toolbar exactement ?

What is exactly the use of the Crawler toolbar?

Quelles sont ses fonctions utiles pour l'utilisateur lambda ?

What are its useful features for an average user?

Quelles sont ses actions exactes pour la société éditrice ?

What does Crawler want to do exactly with its toolbar?

(the third question should be more precise)

1) A quoi sert la crawler toolbar exactement ? (What is the Crawler toolbar exactly used for?)

It is used as a means for us to make money easier. Sure, we could attempt to operate without a toolbar and hope word of mouth helps spread use of Crawler.com search portal, but word and popularity spreads faster with toolbars.

We operate similar to Google, Yahoo!, MSN, AOL, Ask.com, Lycos, Excite.com, etc. Our money comes from using our search engine, just like Google's main source of revenue is use of their search engine. The Crawler toolbar has the same intents as Google Toolbar, Yahoo! Toolbar, etc. Research would probably show that people prefer to use a toolbar instead of using the search engine webpage (in other words, Google Toolbar instead of Google.com, Yahoo! Toolbar instead of Yahoo.com, etc.). Being in a market with several other search engines who have their own toolbars, it is only smart to have our own toolbar which searches our search engine so that our search engine is on a level playing field with all the others. However it should be noted that our toolbar searches Crawler AND Google, Yahoo!, MSN and Ask.com.

2) Quelles sont ses fonctions utiles pour l'utilisateur lambda? (What are its helpful functions for a beginner?)

The majority of what Crawler Toolbar 4.5 offers is available in Crawler Toolbar 5.0, and has been upgraded. I will point out which items are specifically part of the new Crawler Toolbar 5.0.

---(Crawler Toolbar 5.0 only) The "Quick Search" feature offers a useful, bigger and clearer "find text" tool for finding text on a webpage. It is meant to be a replacement of the Internet Explorer CTRL-F/F3 window.

---(Crawler Toolbar 5.0 only) Our search box changes its size to accomodate longer search strings - users will be able to see more of their search strings without scrolling the text.

---(Crawler Toolbar 5.0 only) Beginners should enjoy our redesigned settings window. Our setting have been made easier to navigate, and are made more clear. We have also made it harder for beginners to mess up Crawler settings by strategically placing settings in different areas of the settings. We knew our settings window from Crawler Toolbar 4.5 was a liability because it was hard to navigate and could sometimes be an annoyance.

When comparing our settings window to other toolbars, we find our settings window to be much clearer and easier to navigate.

---Beginners will benefit from our plugin system which allows control of all of our software by Crawler Toolbar. Some beginners do not know how to operate or know the "System Tray". Our plugin system will make sure users never have to deal with the "System Tray".

---The majority of internet users have a clear idea where they want to go for services such as a Dictionary, Thesaurus, Maps, etc. We have provided links to major services of these types to cater to beginner users who would otherwise not know where to go. Yes, advanced users might find use out of these links, but I believe these were designed with the beginner in mind.

Also be aware that these links are not for services we develop in-house, like some "bad" toolbars would use. The links are to well known, trusted services in each category (see below):

"People search" leads to http://www.whitepages.com

"Travel info" leads to http://www.expedia.com

"Shopping" leads to http://www.half.com

"Dictionary" leads to http://dictionary.reference.com

"Groups" leads to http://groups.google.com

etc.

---We provide users the choice of search engine. Some users come onto the internet after watching their favorite television channel and maybe hear the term "Google" or "Yahoo!". Instead of forcing users to use Crawler.com search engine, we allow users to search Google, Yahoo!, MSN or Ask.com. I will ask the developers to maybe add a few more search engines (AOL, Lycos, Excite, Altavista, etc.). Changing search engines in Crawler Toolbar is very easy, and even beginners should have no issue finding it. If I was giving Crawler Toolbar to my mom, she probably would not be able to find it, but she would not know the difference between search engines, anyway. This is a feature for all users who know the difference and was developed with the beginner in mind. (Compare this to the Internet Explorer 7 search bar, which requires you have a bit of knowledge to add more search engines).

....Crawler Toolbar obviously has a lot more features, but I would not recommend them to a beginner just starting with toolbars as they require some technical knowledge.

3) Quelles sont ses actions exactes pour la société éditrice? (What are its exact actions for the editor?)

I am sorry, but I do not understand the question.

Could you please rephrase? You may write your question in French. MacPeter and ipl_001 can help with the translation.

Modifié par Tokar

thanks,

witch personnals informations are given to your sponsors ?

....and is it possible to show the sources of the crawler toolbar to Pierre, the administrator of ASSISTE.COM. Perhaps, it will be a solution to reexamine the presence of Spyware terminator in the crapware section....

regards

Modifié par ADSLgratuit

salut a tous , le sujet est réservé à ceux qui connaissent l'anglais par coeur , ce qui n'est pas mon cas!!!!!!!!!!! çà a portant l'air interessant , a ++++

Modifié par fifi29

salut a tous , le sujet est réservé à ceux qui connaissent l'anglais par coeur , ce qui n'est pas mon cas!!!!!!!!!!! çà a portant l'air interessant , a ++++

My apologies. I can have MacPeter translate my responses if you want.

thanks,

witch personnals informations are given to your sponsors ?

....and is it possible to show the sources of the crawler toolbar to Pierre, the administrator of ASSISTE.COM. Perhaps, it will be a solution to reexamine the presence of Spyware terminator in the crapware section....

regards

I do not think the development team would be willing to do that for a two reasons:

1) the program is closed source, it is not open source. So it would go against our license.

2) frankly, we would not trust our sources in the hands of Pierre. This is not meant to single him out...we would not trust our sources in the hands of any independently run website.

There should be enough tools available on the web (for free) which can accurately analyze the full range of abilities of Crawler Toolbar (packet analyzers, resource hackers, bandwidth meters, CPU meters, etc.).

There is no personal information given to our sponsors. No names, no addresses, no age, etc. Everything that we collect is accurately defined in Crawler's Privacy Policy as in line with other major search engines. In short: we don't sell, share or distribute any personal information from our users:

From Crawler Privacy Policy:

http://www.spywareterminator.com/legal/privacy.aspx

Information Collection

Visiting and using Crawler Services may result in Crawler receiving performance and usage information (such as search term, time of day, browser type, default language setting, IP address, an anonymous identifier). This information will not be used to personally identify you.

Sharing of Information

Crawler does not collect any personally identifiable information unless provided by you, and we will not share, rent or sell any of your personally identifiable information provided by you. We may share aggregated non-personally identifiable information with third parties outside of Crawler. Aggregate non-personally identifiable information is recorded about users and collected into groups so that it no longer reflects or references an individually identifiable user. We may disclose some information in response to subpoenas, court orders, or other legal requirements.

From Google Privacy Policy:

http://www.google.com/privacy.html

Googles servers automatically record information when you visit our website or use some of our products, including the URL, IP address, browser type and language, and the date and time of your request.

From Yahoo! Privacy Policy:

http://info.yahoo.com/privacy/us/yahoo/details.html

Yahoo! automatically receives and records information on our server logs from your browser, including your IP address, Yahoo! cookie information, and the page you request.

From MSN Privacy Policy:

http://mobile.msn.com/device/en-us/privacy.aspx

We may collect information about your visit, including the pages you view, the links you click and other actions taken in connection with Microsoft sites and services. We also collect certain standard information that your browser sends to every website you visit, such as your IP address, browser type and language, access times and referring Web site addresses.

Modifié par Tokar

Hello,

It is not the problems of some which justify those the others.

I understand that, however, I posted those the policies of other search engines so that people would not judge Crawler without knowing that other search engines are following the same policies. That is what assiste.com.free.fr has done - they have judged Crawler without knowing the full extent of the search engine market.

Invité
Ce sujet ne peut plus recevoir de nouvelles réponses.
  • En ligne récemment   0 membre est en ligne

• Aucun utilisateur enregistré regarde cette page.
  • Créer...